Saturday, May 31, 2008

I miss her...

As we were cuddling Sadie down for bed just before we said her prayers we had a cute conversation that I don't want to forget.

"Where's Great Grandma?"

"She's in Heaven."

"Why?"

"Because her body got old so her spirit went to heaven. She is SO happy there. She gets to be with Jesus and her Mommy who she hasn't gotten to see in a really long time. So she is HAPPY!"

"(Whine) I miss her!"

"Me too!"

"Can we call her?"

"No, there are no phones in heaven; but you can talk to her any time you want to and she will hear you."

"Okay! Can I right now?"

"Sure!"

"Great Grandma Vilate, I miss you. I love you! All my Grandma's and Grandpa's be okay."

Then she leaned in and just hugged me, did some whimpers and said,

"I miss her!"

"Me too Sadie, Me too! We will get to see her again someday!"

That just melted my heart. She just kept hugging me and whimpering and talking about how she missed Great Grandma Vilate, and how she wanted to see her! Although we can't see her, I know she is here with us! I definitely know she was with us tonight! I love you Granny!

2 comments:

Gramma Stewie said...

Dad & I just read this together....we are both crying....that is so tender. I know Sadie has a special gift to be in sync with the elderly. She has a compassionate way about her for their needs.

This is one of those very special moments with your little Sadie...and I agree: Great Grandma Vilate HAD to have been there. I believe Sadie was feeling GG Vilate's spirit there with you tonight and with that connection, she also missed her. So sweet, so tender. Thanks for sharing this most precious story. I could feel the sweetness of the moment. Love you, Sadie!

Tara said...

I read this story on YOUR blog, and it made me cry. I read it again here, and it STILL made me cry.
Don't worry Sadie, we ALL miss her!